If you’ve decided to sell your used truck or van, but don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place! Commercial Truck Trader is a leading online classified advertising service, providing a quick and easy way to sell commercial vehicles. Selling a vehicle on CommercialTruckTrader.com can be done in five simple steps.
1. Go to CommercialTruckTrader.com
Select the “Sell” button at the top of the Commercial Truck Trader website. Or, click the “Menu” button in the top-right corner and choose “Sell My truck” to be directed to the page of listing packages. Scroll down or click the “Get Started” arrow to browse the package options.
2. Choose a Package
Sellers can choose from three of Commercial Truck Trader’s package options.
- Basic: The basic package displays your ad on the website for two weeks. Your listing will allow up to four photos and a link to a YouTube video.
- Enhanced: The enhanced package grants eight weeks on Commercial Truck Trader’s website, with up to 20 photos, a YouTube video, and a featured spot on the homepage.
- Best: The best package promotes a 26-week-long listing, up to 50 photos, a video link, premium placement on the website with a highlight in search results, and a featured spot in carousels on the homepage.
3. Create a My Trader Account
Next, you’ll want to create an account with My Trader, or log in to an existing account. Having a My Trader account allows sellers to create, edit, and share listings, save your progress when you create a listing, and view leads and activity on your listings. Creating an account requires just a bit of information. Enter your email address and a password, then verify your password.
4. Compose Your Listing
After selecting your package, it’s time to put together your unit listing. Remember, this will be your first impression with a consumer. Make sure the information you provide is accurate and understandable. Compose your listing in these three straightforward steps.
- Enter Your Vehicle Information: Enter the VIN, year, class, make, and model of the vehicle you want to list. Next, enter a price. Then, provide some information about the unit you’re selling. The description can be up to 2,500 characters and should provide as much information as possible about your truck or van. Beneath the description box, there is a drop down to provide additional details, including mileage, weight, fuel type, upfit information, and other features. The more information you provide a consumer about your vehicle, the faster they can decide if they want to buy it from you.
- Add Photos: Upload up to four, 20 or 50 photos in this section, depending on which package you selected. Having clear photos at different angles yields better results, so keep that in mind when you take them. Taking high-quality photos is one of our top tips for selling a commercial vehicle. If you decide to include one, add the link to a YouTube video in this section.
- Enter Your Contact Info: If you’re logged into an existing My Trader account, some of this information may auto-populate. If not, you’ll need to provide your first and last name, address, and phone number. To protect your privacy, only your city, state, and zip code will appear on your listing—not your street address. If you prefer for shoppers to only contact you via email, you can also choose to hide your phone number.
5. Preview Your Listing, Review Your Order, and Check Out
At the lower-left corner of the page, you can choose to preview your listing, with the photos, before checking out. This would be a good time to put yourself in a shopper’s shoes and double check that you’re seeing everything someone would need to know about the vehicle you’re selling.
When you decide your listing is ready, review your order and make sure the correct package appears. Enter promo code SELL25 to get 25% off your listing from now until the end of 2021. After using this discount code, you’ll be all set to enter your payment information and check out.
Conclusion: That’s it! In just five easy steps, your vehicle listing will be available to consumers nationwide. Selling on CommercialTruckTrader.com allows you to also take advantage of our digital marketing solutions to help you advertise and reach more buyers.
Another option is to connect with dealers who are buying inventory directly from private sellers. Skip the listing process altogether and look for the “We Buy Trucks” button on a dealer’s gallery page to sell your unit right to a dealership.